Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's Been A While....

I am a terrible blogger...I know. There's been many changes in my life since my last blog post, but a few things have remained the same:
  • I am still in Bursa, Turkey
  • I'm still married to a beautiful Turkish girl
  • My Turkish still sucks
  • I still spend too much money at Starbucks
  • IDO Bus has canceled their foot ferry service from Istanbul to Bursa
I could probably go on and on. 

On the other hand, there are many new things going on as well:
New house, old house, work in relation to nearest Sbux.
  • I am no longer teaching English
  • We're moving houses (see illustration)
  • I've learned how to cook noodles thanks to some Filipino friends
  • I've met some great new foreign friends this year
  • There is a new HeliTaxi that will ferry you to Istanbul in 25 minutes
  • Many of my married friends are making babies
All in all, things are going well. I still don't get to spend as much time in Istanbul as I would like to but I hope that will change soon.

I hope to continue blogging about different topics in the future so check back often.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. need some information to buy a 2 bed apartment or house on ground if possible please advise.... something about the government policies, taxes and if required some time to sell the house is it easier ..
    asim@qu.edu.qa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      I recommend that you get in touch with a qualified realtor in Turkey to answer your questions. Realtor in Turkish is Emlak. Maybe you can perform a google search and find something. If your mother tongue is Arabic, there are quite a few qualified Arabic speaking realtors all over Turkey. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hey Matt, what is this HeliTaxi service you mentioned!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie,

      The Helitaxi is a Helicopter from Bursa to istanbul. It takes about 20 minutes but it is pretty spendy.

      https://www.burulas.com.tr/en/helitaksi-bilet-islemleri.aspx

      Delete

  3. Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: HappyInvestment-world_inc@protmail.com

    ReplyDelete